At the local Planning Committee, the majority of Councillors rejected Lib Dem Councillor James Calder's motion to refuse planning application for a McDonalds in the Duloch Tesco Car Park.
Liberal Democrat Scottish Parliament Candidate for Dunfermline Aude Boubaker-Calder feels this is an innapropriate location for a McDonalds, because:
- Traffic in the area is already congested - this will make it worse and add to pollution
- This is next to a Primary School - it is likely to have a negative impact on children's health and the obesity epidemic in our society.
- It is in a residential area and it is likely to increase litter
- The noise pollution from more cars will also impact local residents
- Huge numbers of local residents have opposed this
Aude is writing to Tesco and is launching a petition to ask them to stop the McDonalds from being built - will you back her?
We the undersigned call on Tesco to not allow a McDonalds to be built in the car park of their Duloch Store.